Saturday, May 4, 2013

Diving in Tenerife..the proof!

I'm still pretty proud of myself for the whole diving excursion I did a month ago and I just now got the photos back from the guide.  They're not the most professional but they are still pretty good!  It feels like we went to the Canary Islands ages ago. 

 
I saw one giant sea turtle while I was under the water..he came right for my face and I freaked out instead of touching it
 
The guide had a hold of me the entire time, controlling my oxygen and steering me around
 
Tara getting ready (the guide on the right)
 
 
The preparation before diving was the most terrifying part! It's hard to get accustomed to the breathing
 
I was scared of my goggles falling off (I have contacts) so I was holding on to them the whole time..we also had to pop our ears the further down we got
 
ready to go!
 
Popping my ears
 
The oxygen tank + the suit = super heavy! the suits were already wet before we put them on...not the most comfortable feeling but this doesn't happen very often now does it
 

Well there's my proof! I haven't been writing that much because things have been very chill lately. I went to Lisbon (again) last weekend for a nice get-a-way from Badajoz.  This weekend there is a Gay Festival in town that we're going to. Next weekend is Tara's birthday weekend and we'll be going to Caceres to a music festival.  We've rented out an apartment and there will be 12 or so of us English teachers all staying together.  My last official day of teaching is May 31 (soon!).  Tara and I originally had plans of flying to Greece for our three weeks of travel but we've changed plans.  Instead we will be headed to the Basque Country up north, the border of France and Spain, and parting ways after we travel around the Mediterranean coast near Barcelona.

It's a weird feeling to have to think about packing up everything I've accumulated in the past 8 months.  I'm thankful to myself for having written this blog because honestly it's a little hard to process everything right now.  I have a mixture of emotions; I'm super happy with my experiences abroad yet I'm very excited for the next chapter in Louisiana.  As time passes, I've realized I'm definitely ready to settle down, see my family and friends, and believe it or not..find a job! I thought that this adventure in Spain would relax me and realize work isn't everything but I've come to find out I get a lot of satisfaction from working my butt off.  Maybe I won't be as crazy as I was in college, working two jobs with a full class schedule...but I'd really like to start figuring out what I want out of a career.

4 full weeks left in my apartment
16 days left of teaching
7 weeks until I touch down in America
221 days spent living abroad so far- 221!

No comments:

Post a Comment