Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Plane ticket home..check!

Where did time go?!
Kyle recently asked me "what do you want/want to do when you get home"?  What don't I want to do!?
This picture makes me think of two things..my basset hound and the joy I'll feel after driving my car again

  • Drive my car wherever and whenever I want- no relying on public buses or carpools
  • Go out to dinner at a full service restaurant- I miss having that type of environment.  Spain is full of cafes and tapa places
  • Socialize with Americans- I miss their sense of humor, accents, attitudes, and intonation.
  • Shop at Target!!
  • Go grocery shopping- I enjoy this way too much.
  • Watch the 4th of July fireworks and see my high school friends/family
  • Find an apartment and settle down for a while
  • Earn more than 700 euros a month ;)
  • Bake and cook in my own kitchen
  • DRY MY CLOTHES! It sounds silly but we're spoiled with those drying machines
  • Eat Mexican food
  • Be with Mom in New Orleans
  • Go on a trip with Kyle
  • Go to the movie theatre- I haven't been once over here!
  • Watch T.V. for hours on end- (I never watch T.V. here and Big Brother will be on this summer!)
  • See my nephew, Harper
The perfect example of what I miss about American humor..SNL

 
Kelly and I with Harp last July

I thought I'd miss more things when it came to food once I left the states but I've really been fine.  They all say "peanut butter" is the missing factor when you live abroad but that's not true, I've been able to buy it here.  Another bad habit of mine is ranch dressing, I'm happy to say I've survived without it.  Spain has amazing olive oil and I've been addicted to making my own dressings with it. 
America's obsession


I'm trying my best to live in the present and plan some more trips for June but I can't help thinking about how I'll feel when I get home.  It's been on my mind constantly, I'm thinking it's because Kyle just left.  I also don't have any more big trips planned for the month of April or May.  Let's face it, I'm not here because I enjoy the teaching...I'm here to travel and learn about the language/people..howeeeverrr, sometimes I feel like I've had enough, sometimes I want them to just stop speaking Spanish, or sometimes I just don't want to immerse myself in anything. It's not anything negative they've done, it's just my personality to need my own space every once in a while (hello, only child).  Most of my friends just received the news that they've been accepted to come back to Spain next year.  I'm very happy for them and will keep in touch but I'm also happy with my decision to come home :)


'MERICA...See you on June 25th :) For now, here's to my last few months of an amazing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment